MARGE is looking for an intern
MARGE is looking to recruit an intern to assist its team in project management and business administration.
More specifically, the candidate would assist the administrative and financial officer with the following tasks :
• Analysis and promotion of improved MARGE procedures and tools, such as :
Project, time management, schedule tracking, and deliverables management procedures and tools ;
Internal and external communication, including meetings and appointment management ;
Maintenance and update of the project reference database and of the virtual project rooms ;
Accounting, HR management ;
• Drafting project proposals and bids, including administrative documents, technical and financial offers and coordination with international partners ;
• Project management support : time planning, budgeting, delegation of tasks, quality assurance ;
• Data gathering and desk research in the field of renewable energy, energy access and energy efficiency e.g. :
Background research and market analyses ;
Study of policy frameworks ;
Development of training material.
• Support to project developers in Sub-Saharan Africa : business plan development, demand projections, financial modelling, review and planning of regulatory requirements.
The candidate should :
• Be a final year student or recent graduate of a Master (or equivalent) in project management, business administration, economics, finance or related field ;
• Be fluent in French and English (at least B2 level for both) ;
• Be able to work independently and with initiative ;
• Be open to travel to developing countries (Sub-Saharan Africa) ;
• Have at least a basic understanding in and interest in sustainable energy and development aid issues.
The candidate should also have an understanding of and interest in the field of development aid and sustainable energy. She/he should be motivated, flexible, take initiative, able to work in a challenging, multi-cultural setting, including remote work (MARGE members are disseminated across different countries and work mostly through virtual communication tools).
Full-time or part-time, 4 to 6 months. Start as soon as possible, negotiable.
Possibility of employment contract at the end of the internship period.
Different locations are possible according to MARGE experts’ locations (Toulouse/France, Bergamo/Italy, Barcelona/Spain, Blantyre/Malawi).
Contact and application deadline
Please send your CV and motivation letter to MARGE administrative assistant cbouissiere(at)marge.eu by Tuesday 15th of January 2019, with subject “Internship Candidate_Last name_First Name”.